PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 96: Teacher, Assistant Principal, Principal - School Team Coordinator Facilitator (District-Charter Collaborative)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Team Coordinator Facilitator 2019-20: Previous DCC School Team Coordinators to take on a leadership role and facilitate work with teams on instructional practices, and school improvement through a racial equity lens (3 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education school licensed teachers, appointed principals and assistant principals at a District-Charter Collaborative (DCC) school.
• Must have at least 1 year of experience as a District-Charter Collaborative School Team Coordinator
• Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience planning and facilitating professional development workshops and large group meetings
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams and schools
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Commitment to the agreed upon schedule
• Attend DCC meetings and trainings to understand key program expectations and strengthen facilitation practices
• Coordinate and facilitate inter-visitations to guide knowledge sharing among the assigned schools
• Support schools in utilizing the inquiry process to improve instructional practices and solve their identified problem of practice
• Liaise with DCC Director and with DCC Facilitators to receive support and logistical guidance
• Collect and analyze data to measure the program impact and support schools in meeting their goals
• Be active on email and collaborate with schools to ensure that program expectations are being met
September 5, 2019 – June 30, 2020, approximately 5 hours per month. Exact Schedule TBD
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit OP‐175 form and resume via email to: DCC@schools.nyc.gov. Must put "DCC STC Facilitator - Per Session SY 2019-2020 Application" in the subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions about this activity, please contact DCC@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.