PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 98: Supervisor - HIV Curriculum Reviewer (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Oct 25, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Administrator – HIV Curriculum Reviewer
Approximately 3 positions available
NYC DOE Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
Or another approved Office of School Wellness Programs location
1. NYC DOE licensed and appointed Principals, Assistant Principals, and Supervisors (SBL/SDL, SAS, or SDS certificate)
2. Knowledge and experience overseeing elementary, middle, or high school Health Education programs and/or annual mandated HIV lessons
3. Knowledge of various Health Education instructional resources, including the NYC DOE HIV Curriculum
4. Proficient understanding of NYS and National Health Education Standards and National Sexuality Education Standards
5. Understanding of how Health Education supports the NYC DOE Wellness Policy
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYC DOE.
• Attend professional learning opportunities designed to strengthen ability to review Health Education resources, including a mandatory workshop on October 29, 2019.
• Utilize the NYC DOE Grades K-12 Health Scope and Sequence, and related tools, to review Health Education resources, including the HIV Curriculum.
• Provide reviews on Health Education resources by agreed upon deadlines.
• Participate in quarterly District Wellness Advisory Council meetings, if needed.
• Participate in additional responsibilities as needed.
• October 2019 – June 2020.
• Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 25 hours. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed.
• Work schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by Friday, October 25, 2019 to: WellnessPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov (Subject line: Administrator – HIV Curriculum Reviewer)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail WellnessPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.