PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 989: Principal - ASPDP Stipulation Instructors (OTD)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 9, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
ASPDP Stipulation Instructors, Office of Teacher Development (Approximately 10 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
• Licensed, Appointed and tenured New York City Department of Education principals
• Satisfactory service in a supervisory position, as indicated by annual ratings of S or E/HE for four (4) or more years
• Knowledge of the Chancellor’s Regulations.
• Knowledge of NYS Learning Standards, effective pedagogical practice as described in the Danielson Framework for Teaching, and Culturally Responsive Teaching.
• Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities
• Experience coaching and/or observing and providing feedback to teachers.
• Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
• Conduct in-service courses for the After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
• Prepare and submit syllabi and completed course work to the Senior Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact.
• E-mail reports to the Senior Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact immediately following each course to confirm completion.
• In addition to topics related to pedagogy, provide guidance and coaching to in-service teachers about topics ranging from teacher-student boundaries and classroom management, to professional duties.
• Attend all ASPDP In-Service orientation and staff meetings.
• An average of approximately 1-4 hours per week. Hours must not exceed 35 hours per week.
• Number of hours will vary, as coursework is conducted on an as-needed basis.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by November 9, 2019 to: StipulationPS@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.