PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 992: Payroll Secretary (OTD)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Payroll Secretary, Office of Teacher Development (Approximately 5 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 or 131 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
NYC DOE Licensed Payroll Secretary
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE
• Currently working or retired from the NYCDOE as a licensed DOE payroll secretary
• Well versed with Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 and NYDOE Per Session timekeeping
• Trained and authorized to enter payroll
• Available to work weekdays and weeknights beginning October 2019
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, for staff attendance and appointment scheduling/rescheduling
• Record of satisfactory work performance
• Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
• Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform office tasks, including scanning, photocopying and emailing
• Work under the direct supervision of OTD HR manager and respective OTD leads.
• Compiling and modifying per-session packets as outlined by the HR team of the Division of Teaching and Learning.
• Collect and review timesheets for per session employees working in assessment activities and enter per session payroll in the EIS (i.e., T Bank Per Session Payroll system).
• Perform payroll, attendance, purchasing and supply duties using DOE systems and Microsoft applications.
• Various dates and times, weekdays and weekends, beginning October 1st, 2019 through June 30th, 2020
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 1, 2019 to: OTDHiring@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.