PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 996: Supervisor - TLP Supervisor as Participant (OTD)
- Posted Date: Aug 27, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Principals and APs to participate in Principals/APs – NYCDOE Teacher Leadership Program – Participants (up to 50 positions)
Multiple Locations - City wide
New York City Department of Education Licensed and appointed Principals and APs
• Completed TLP online application with school-based team
• Agrees to attend TLP Orientation, TBD
• Agrees to attend up to 12 hours of professional development with their teacher leaders
• Oversees teacher leaders on TLP team who facilitate a grade/content/inquiry/data team that meets a minimum of 45 minutes once a week during the 2019 -20 school year in a New York City public school
• Attend a minimum of 4 after school sessions with your teacher leaders to support the work of the team which is structured to assist with implementation of instructional initiatives aligned to the Instructional Leadership Framework (ILF) and Culturally Responsive Sustaining Education (CR-SE) Sessions are from 4:00 to 7:00 PM and are geographically based.
• Support teacher leaders with aligning the learnings from each TLP session with CEP instructional goals and the Facilitative leadership standards (FLS)
• Structure time to provide ongoing feedback to teacher leaders within the facilitative leadership standards and support teacher leaders with completing their TLP developmental reflection journals.
• Provide ongoing opportunities for teacher leaders to facilitate PD/ and implement/share/adopt/adapt the learnings of TLP with school-based teams
Attend up to 12 hours maximum (not guaranteed) per position for attendance at 4 sessions after school (Sept. 2019 – June 2020) (Specific dates TBA). In order to maintain continuity and consistency of program, applicants must be available for the full activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applicants should submit a resume and an OP 175 form. Applicants being considered will be notified via email (subject to the completion of an OP 175 form prior to the start of the activity). Questions concerning this advertisement can be sent to email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.