PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 998: Teacher - TLP Teacher as Participant (OTD)
- Posted Date: Aug 27, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers to participate in Teachers – NYCDOE Teacher Leadership Program – Participants (up to 200 positions)
Multiple Locations - City wide
New York City Department of Education Licensed and Appointed Teachers
• Teacher leaders who facilitate a grade/content/inquiry/data team that meets a minimum of 45 minutes once a week during the 2019-20 school year in a New York City public school
• At least three years of full-time teaching experience
• Principal approval submitted using online application
• Attend TLP Orientation, Date TBA
• Attend all 10 sessions, which are geographically based with your team on the following tentative dates from 4:00 to 7:00 PM: October 16, November 20, December 18, January 29, February 12, March 18, April 22, May 20, June 3, June 10
• Implement learnings after each TLP session with school-based teams
• Complete individual teacher leader developmental reflection journals with facilitation video by the end of the program which demonstrates growth within the facilitative leadership standards.
September 14th – June 10th – Up to 30 hours maximum (not guaranteed) per position for attendance at 10 sessions after school. In order to maintain continuity and consistency of program, applicants must be available for the full activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applicants should submit a resume and an OP 175 form. Applicants being considered will be notified via email (subject to the completion of an OP 175 form prior to the start of the activity). Questions concerning this advertisement can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.