PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 0093: Teacher - DIIT Ed Tech Program Support Specialist Summer (Division of Instructional and Information Technology)
- Posted Date: May 21, 2021 Deadline: Aug 31, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
TITLE SOUGHT – Teacher
NAME OF THE PER SESSION JOB POSITION - DIIT Ed Tech Program Support Specialist
(APPROXIMATE) NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE – Multiple, TBD
NYCDOE DIVISION AND/OR OFFICE REQUESTING THIS POSITION - DIIT Ed Tech Program (Division of Instructional and Information Technology)
This is a fully remote position.
Licensed and appointed NYCDOE Teacher
- Have at least three (3) years of (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE
- Be a current, full-time NYCDOE educator (with at least: one class of record; 40% of time spent in the classroom)
- Knowledge of instructional uses of Educational Technology and associated frameworks (TPACK, SAMR, ISTE, etc.)
- Ability to attend scheduled meetings virtually
- Have five 5 or more years of (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE
- Be tenured on or before the first day of the school year serving in the role (2021-22 SY)
- Ability to develop presentation on quality Ed Tech practices
- Ability to collaborate across content areas and grades with colleagues from other schools.
- Experience collaborating on education technology, curriculum, and school improvement initiatives.
Design and create materials related to ed tech professional development along with planning or implementing multiple Ed Tech projects to include but are not limited to:
- Work supervisor: Jason Levy
- Content creation/ facilitation for Ed Tech Portal and Ed Tech U
- Develop short videos & associated decks, agendas, materials demoing/explaining/teaching quality ed tech practices.
- Assist in ongoing feedback development & maintenance of Ed Tech SharePoint Portal content, articles, etc.
- Quality practices Design Series
- Develop and deliver a presentation or workshop based on feedback from colleagues.
- Provide feedback to colleagues to support the development of their presentation or workshop.
- Create articles.
- Prepare and participate on a panel to share your experience during remote learning.
- Focus Groups
- Test new products
- Provide feedback on new programs or platforms.
- Participate in other projects that are intended to improve ed tech integration in our schools.
- Learn and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Become familiar with iLearnNYC – Learning Management System
Starting Summer 2021 until August 31, 2021. Various dates and times throughout the school year. Typical work hours will be weekdays between 3 and 7 pm - either when school is not in session or when participating employees have completed their workday.
Work cannot start before the application deadline. Hours up to, but not limited to the approximate number of hours listed. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the above circular number on your application.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender(sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction(except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above - noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non - Discrimination Policy.