PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1: Teacher Assigned A: RETIREE ( as Early Childhood Inspire Professional Learning Facilitator) - DECE
- Posted Date: Sep 5, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Teacher Assigned A – Central Based (Various Field Offices)
Early Childhood Inspire Professional Learning Facilitator – Fall Spring 2018-2019
(Up to 8 positions)
Positions available in all 5 boroughs. Exact locations to be determined and all location assignments may be subject to change.
Retired, appropriately licensed NYCDOE Early Childhood Instructional Coordinator with satisfactory experience in the NYC public school system. Ability to commit to scheduled days for professional learning preparation and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver professional learning for early childhood leaders and teachers
- Strong experience with planning and delivering professional learning for early childhood leaders and teachers
- Deep understanding of developmentally appropriate standards-based curriculum and instruction, based on NY State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core (PKFCC) and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF)
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Previous experience developing and presenting workshops a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven expertise in planning and delivering professional learning, in-person and virtually
- Commitment to continuous professional development to reflect a disposition to lifelong learning
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a keen attention to detail
- Plan and facilitate professional learning sessions in collaboration with other Early Childhood colleagues, including on-site, city-wide, and virtual sessions
- Facilitate workshops, courses, and study groups for early childhood education (birth to grade three) staff
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of how to create emotionally responsive classrooms
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in early childhood education (birth to grade three) curriculum and assessment models
- Demonstrated expertise in curriculum mapping and ability to vertically integrate and scaffold standards within early childhood grades (Birth to Grade 3)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in a timely manner with diverse audiences- teachers, administrators, colleagues, and supervisors
- Demonstrated ability to have conversations about areas of strength and areas for growth; to be solutions-oriented, positive, reflective, and straightforward; with teachers, school leaders, colleagues, and supervisors
- Demonstrated ability to use rubrics as a means for measuring quality
- Demonstrated ability to use data to set goals and develop strategies to achieve those goals
As per Collective Bargaining agreement (per session)
Facilitators must commit to availability for all nine days of professional learning, including:
- Three days of professional learning sessions (up to 6 hours for each) between the hours of 8:30AM and 3:30PM
- Three days of training sessions (up to 6 hours for each) between the hours of 8:30AM and 3:30 PM
- Three days of additional preparation time (up to 7 hours for each) between the hours of 7:30AM and 3:30PM
Please note times may change.
Schedule for Professional Learning:
Dates + Times
Bronx (Locations TBD)
Session 1: Training Day, October 3, 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 1: Prep Day, *flexible date - to be determined with co-facilitator, 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 1: Session Facilitation, October 17, 7:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 2: Training Day, January 4, 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 2: Prep Day, *flexible date - to be determined with co-facilitator, 8:30AM 3:30PM
Session 2: Session Facilitation, January 16, 7:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 3: Training Day, May 1, 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 3: Prep Day, *flexible date - to be determined with co-facilitator, 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Session 3: Session Facilitation, May 8, 7:30AM – 3:30PM
Manhattan (Locations TBD)
Queens (Locations TBD)
Brooklyn (Locations TBD)
Staten Island (Locations TBD)
Please send cover letter, resume, and copy of license(s) by October 9, 2018 to: DECEJOBS@schools.nyc.gov. Include “Teacher Assigned A– Early Childhood Inspire Professional Learning Facilitator Vacancy” in the Subject line of your email.
Selected Applicants will be given an OP‐175 application to fill out prior to the commencement of the activity
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DECEJOBS@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.