PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 103: Teachers (ARTS MONDAYS/Connected Learning Facilitators) - CIPL
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Aug 15, 2018
United StatesNYCDOE Citywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
ARTS MONDAYS/Connected Learning FACILITATORS (Up to 120 positions)
City-wide, various sites to be determined throughout the boroughs
Certified and licensed teachers of dance, music, theater, and visual arts currently working
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts, or common branches, grades K-12, currently assigned to teach dance, music, theater, or visual arts.
- Two years satisfactory experience working with elementary, middle and/or high school arts programs.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating Blueprint- focused planning and assessment workshops in dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts.
- Experienced in designing inquiry and action research in the arts around formative assessment
- Knowledgeable in formative assessment research and practices in the arts classroom
- Must submit a completed sample Inquiry and Action Research Plan
Applicants for per session employment who are not employed in the Department of Education’s regular school program or adult education program shall be considered for selection only if no qualified day school teacher or adult education employee is available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in Arts Mondays facilitator planning meetings by borough team
- Assist with planning for teacher training around assessments related to the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning PreK-12 dance, music, theater, and visual arts curricula.
- Facilitate workshops for teachers in action research and formative assessment of student learning in the arts
- Participate in review of teacher portfolios
- Participate in online extension of Arts Mondays/Connected Learning PLCs; develop online resources
Specific dates to be announced, will include weekdays from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Saturdays, other dates/hours may be required as determined by program supervisor (Up to 25 hours per position).
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before August 15, 2018.
NYC Department of Education
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10301
Attention: ARTS MONDAYS
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, e-mail: MPalma@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.