PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE #104: Assistant Principals and/or Education Administrators: RETIRED (ARTS MONDAYS Supervisor) - CIPL
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Jul 28, 2018
Citywide, New York, United StatesNYCDOE Citywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
ARTS MONDAYS Supervisor (Retiree)
Petrides Complex, Staten Island New York
Assistant Principals and/or Education Administrator
- New York State SBA or SBL
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating Blueprint- focused and assessment workshops
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing teacher programs in professional development
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation related to professional development activities
- Knowledgeable in formative assessment research and practices in the arts classroom
Applicants for per session employment who are not employed in the Department of Education’s regular school program or adult education program shall be considered for selection only if no qualified day school teacher or adult education employee is available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with supervision of implementation of borough based professional development for arts educator
- Assist with planning for teacher training around assessments related to the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning PreK-12 dance, music, theater, and visual arts curricula.
- Facilitate ongoing activities and record-keeping for teachers and their portfolios in action research and formative assessment of student learning in the arts
Specific dates to be announced will include weekdays from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Saturdays, other dates/hours may be required as determined by program supervisor (Up to 125 hours).
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before July 28, 2018.
NYC Department of Education
Petrides Bldg A, Room 224
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10301
Attention: ARTS MONDAYS SUPERVISOR
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, e-mail: MPalma@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.