PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 105: Teachers (Arts Teacher Resource Specialist) - OASP
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: May 1, 2019
Citywide, New York, United StatesNYCDOE Citywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Arts Teacher Resource Specialist (5-8 hours per week) (up to 2 positions total)
NYCDOE (52 Chambers Street) and occasional offsite location-specific meetings at for specific projects, including 4360 Broadway OASP office
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher
- Minimum two years’ experience teaching in NYC DOE schools.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with school arts programs.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Experience developing teaching-facing arts education resources.
- Experience navigating DOE website and WeTeach.
- Strong written communication skills (editing, grammar, spelling, and formatting).
- Must be able to work collaboratively with content Directors and Program Managers.
- Able to effectively document, track, and report on decisions made over time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend training for WCAG 2.0 accessibility criteria and revision processes.
- Rehabilitate arts education field-facing resources currently on WeTeach to be WCAG 2.0 accessible.
- Interface with content Directors and Program Managers for updates to resource content.
- Post accessible resources on WeTeach.
July 2018- June 2019
5-8 hours/week with occasional meetings with content Directors or Program Managers after school
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Application Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and DHR Website), cover letter, resume and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before May 1, 2019. Send to:
Office of Arts and Special Projects
52 Chambers Street, Room 113
New York, New York 10007
Attention: Arts Teacher Resource Specialist
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, e-mail: Trenton Price at ArtsAndSpecialProjects@schools.nyc.gov.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.