PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1059: Teachers (to Pilot a newly revised Elementary Health Education Curriculum) - OSWP
- Posted Date: Aug 7, 2018 Deadline: Sep 7, 2018
Citywide, New York, United StatesNew York
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
K – 5th grade teachers to pilot a newly revised elementary health education curriculum during the 2018/2019 school year. Up to 12 positions available.
New York City Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
Or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching and assessing elementary comprehensive health education.
- Assigned or plan to teach health education a minimum of one period per week throughout the year.
- Proficient understanding of NYS and National Health Education Standards and National Sexuality Standards.
At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Utilize the NYC DOE K-5 scope and sequence as a guiding tool for health education throughout the school year.
- Implement and follow recommended lesson sequence for Elementary Health Education Pilot.
- Attend one initial 2 hour introductory session.
- Reflect and Provide feedback at the end of each unit using tool(s) provided.
- September 2018 - May 2019
- Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change and funding ability. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed (up to 15 hours per position)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Send a letter of application, OP-175 (Click View Job Application), copy of resume and cover letter by September 7, 2018, to: email@example.com. (Subject: “Elementary School Curriculum Pilot”)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.