PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 108: Teachers (ENL and/or Arts) - OASP
- Posted Date: Jul 11, 2018 Deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Teachers (ENL and/or Arts): Work collaboratively with teachers of the arts to develop curriculum, content and daily lesson plans to address
and improve language acquisition in the arts classroom. Co-teach and deliver curriculum using co-teaching models with teachers of the arts.
Various locations throughout the city
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed English as a New Language (ENL) Teacher.
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed ENL teacher or arts teacher (dance, music, theater, or visual arts).
- Minimum 2 years satisfactory employment with the NYCDOE.
- Ability to collaborate regularly with teachers of the arts.
- Willingness to co-teach in the arts classroom using various co-teaching models.
- Desire or interest to learn more about the arts and arts instruction.
- Ability to collect data as related to the implementation of the co-teaching model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge/familiarity of resources from the Office of Arts and Special Projects.
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and other educators to implement a co-teaching model between ENL teachers and teachers of the arts.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that develop co-teaching strategies between ENL teachers and teachers of the arts.
- Maintain regular professional communication via email, phone, and in-person.
- Engage professionally with educators, stakeholders, and cultural organizations.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks, organize materials, and meet deadlines.
- Utilize technology such as, Google Docs, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Excel to track materials and data.
August 2018- June 2019; hours to be determined based on following criteria: 4 workshops, content planning meetings, debrief sessions (up to 40 hours per position).
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website) along with an updated resume must be received on or before September 30, 2018. Mail to:
Office of Arts and Special Projects
Attention: Pam Pritzker-Ridley
4360 Broadway, 4th floor
New York, New York 10033
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail Pam Pritzker-Ridley at email@example.com.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.