PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 110: Paraprofessionals (SWD Online Compendium) - OASP
- Posted Date: Jul 11, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Paraprofessionals: Edit materials, develop content, and co-facilitate professional development(s) for arts teachers in educating students with
disabilities in the inclusive arts classroom. Content will be developed from the Arts & Students with Disabilities Online Resource Compendium.
(Approximately 4 positions total)
Meeting Sessions: Various sites throughout Manhattan including, 333 7th Ave, and 4360 Broadway. Workshop Locations: Throughout New York
City, to be determined.
New York City Department of Education paraprofessional who supports teachers of the arts (dance, music, theater, visual arts).
- Minimum 2 years satisfactory professional experience with the NYCDOE.
- Experience supporting students with disabilities in the arts classroom.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff.
- Excellent record of attendance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge/familiarity of resources from the Students with Disabilities Online Compendium.
- Work with the project manager and a diverse group of educators to organize, plan, develop content and/or co-facilitate up to 4 (full day) professional developments. Professional developments will educate arts teachers on how to better support students with disabilities in the inclusive arts classroom.
- Maintain regular professional communication via email, phone, and in-person with working groups and project manager.
- Be able to deliver clear concise content to teachers regarding best practices.
- Engage professionally with educators, stakeholders, and cultural organizations.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks, organize materials, and meet deadlines.
- Utilize technology such as, Google Docs, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Excel to track materials and data.
August 2018 - June 2019; hours to be determined based on following criteria: 4 (full day) workshops, content planning meetings, debrief sessions (up to 20 hours per position).
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website) along with an updated resume must be received on or before August 31st, 2018. Mail to:
Office of Arts and Special Projects
Students with Disabilities Online Compendium
Attention: Pam Pritzker-Ridley
4360 Broadway, 4th floor
New York, New York 10033
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail Pam Pritzker-Ridley at email@example.com.
Note: All per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/careers/other-jobs-in-schools/per-session-jobs under "Per Session Opportunities”
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at: https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo