PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1107: Secretary - DREAM – The Specialized High Schools Institute (DREAM – SHSI) (Office of Equity and Access)
- Posted Date: Jun 1, 2020 Deadline: Jul 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Secretary for DREAM – SHSI (anticipated number of positions: approximately 2)
DREAM SHSI is an extracurricular program of rigorous coursework designed to assist eligible rising 8th grade students in preparing for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). DREAM coursework emphasizes learning ELA and math strategies needed for the SHSAT, solving problems under timed conditions, and practice with SHSAT questions.
Various locations citywide (see list below)
Site # 1: District(s) 1, 2
Site # 2: District(s) 3, 6
Site # 3: District(s) 4, 5
Site # 4: District(s) 7, 12
Site # 5: District(s) 8
Site # 6: District(s) 10
Site # 7: District(s) 11
Site # 8: District(s) 19, 23
Site # 9: District(s) 13, 15
Site # 10: District(s) 20
Site # 11: District(s) 21
Site # 12: District(s) 22
Site # 13: District(s) 14, 16, 32
Site # 14: District(s) 24, 30
Site # 15: District(s) 25, 28
Site # 16: District(s) 26, 29
Site # 17: District(s) 27
Site # 18: District(s) 31
Site # 19: District(s) 17, 18
Site # 20: District(s) 9
New York City Department of Education license as a School Secretary
Secretaries presently working at the Middle School level preferred
- Experience working in or with secondary schools.
- Experience and familiarity with New York City Department of Education payroll regulations, forms and procedures (including EIS).
- Experience and familiarity with New York City Department of Education purchase order and requisition preparation and procedures (including FAMIS).
- Experience and familiarity with student attendance.
- Impeccable record keeping and timeliness skills.
- Exceptional computer skills (including MS Word and MS Excel) preferred.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with DREAM - SHSI staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Facilitate all payroll, payroll records and information
- Respond to payroll inquiry from staff in a timely manner
- Support DREAM - SHSI staff with administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate employee records
- Complete CAR reports for distribution at the end of program year
- Perform other related tasks under the supervision of the DREAM Program Director
- July 6, 2020 – August 13, 2020: Weekdays (days to be determined) 9:00 AM–1:30 PM
- September 2020 – November 2020 (dates to be determined): Weekdays (days to be determined)
- Additional work hours may be required on need-basis (parent meetings, staff meetings, etc.)
- Maximum of 200 hours per position
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit OP-175 application, cover letter (in which you indicate your preferred borough of assignment which will be honored to the extent possible), resume, letter of recommendation from your principal and a copy of your Department of Education license. Applications must be received by close of business on June 27, 2020 to PBerry3@schools.nyc.gov with subject line “DREAM – SHSI Secretary Application”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail PBerry3@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.