PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1155: Teacher - NYC CTE Program - Quality and Resource Developer (Office of Postsecondary Readiness)
- Posted Date: Jun 1, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Teacher - New York City Career and Technical Education Program Quality and Resource Developer
Approximately 2 positions
Office of Postsecondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
131 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Also various school locations throughout the five boroughs
Must be employed by the Division of Teaching & Learning as a (Teacher Assigned A) during the 2019-20 school year
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher
Minimum of 5 years full-time classroom teaching experience in Career and Technical Education
Experience and involvement in the NYSED CTE Program Approval Process of an Approved program of study
Preference will be given to:
- Teachers with satisfactory ratings in the prior 3 consecutive years within the NYCDOE.
- Teachers currently working to support CTE programs of study in the NYSED program approval process.
- Teachers working to develop CTE program resources to be used to support NYSED program approval.
- Participate in activities as needed and directed by CTE Deputy Director for the cultivation of resource content to be shared with schools implementing CTE programs of study
- Provide and participate in professional development to support school programs working towards NYSED-approval
- Effectively document and support schools with the renewal of the Health Careers Clinical Contract process
- Evaluate and develop effective tools for CTE programs to capture program outcomes
- Participate in planning to support special populations in CTE program access, engagement and successful completion
School Year 2020-2021
Monday through Friday, either outside contracted work hours or between 9:00am-5:00pm; select Saturdays as arranged in advance, between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 80 hours.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Put “OPSR CTE Program Quality and Resource Developer” in email subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.