PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1159: Supervisor - OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs (Office of Postsecondary Readiness)
- Posted Date: Jun 8, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs
Approximately 10 positions
Office of Postsecondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Also various school locations throughout the five boroughs
Currently NYCDOE licensed and appointed Assistant Principal
- Preference will be given to assistant principals from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 schools.
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience developing and implementing curriculum.
- Experience with project-based learning (PBL) practices.
- Knowledge of state and city academic policies for high schools, including graduation requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in professional development and inquiry-driven group working sessions to jointly develop, troubleshoot and refine project-based learning planning and practices for school implementation for all students, including members of special populations.
- Support the planning and implementation of structural and instructional shifts needed to better integrate PBL and competency-focused learning in schools.
- Collaborate on developing and implementing project-based learning curriculum, including supporting professional development on relevant instructional practices with school staff.
- Complete project deliverable based on agreement with OPSR staff and external partners that enhances school’s instructional practices and learning experiences for students.
Monday through Friday, either outside contracted work hours or between 9:00am-5:00pm; select Saturdays as arranged in advance, between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 30 hours.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
- Put “OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs - Supervisor” in e-mail subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.