PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1160: Secretary - OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs (Office of Postsecondary Readiness)
- Posted Date: Jun 8, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs
Approximately 10 positions
Office of Postsecondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Also various school locations throughout the five boroughs
Currently NYCDOE licensed and appointed School Secretary
- Preference will be given to school secretaries from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 Schools
- Experience and familiarity with NYCDOE purchase order and requisition preparation and procedures (including FAMIS)
- Experience with per session pedagogic payroll procedures and systems (including EIS)
- Experience and familiarity with student attendance
- Knowledge of ATS
- Excellent record keeping and timeliness skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional assistance to students, parents, and community representatives
- Prepare and maintain student and staff records.
- Process all teacher, supervisor, guidance counselor, and other staff payrolls and distribute paychecks
- Process and track school purchasing
- Manage student attendance records
- Prepare materials related to general school administration including activities related to Grades 9-14 PBL training and instruction
- Provide secretarial support to administrative staff
- Answer phones, greet school guests, communicate with staff
- Prepare and edit letters and memos for related projects
- Participate in school trainings, meetings, and other related events
Monday through Friday, either outside contracted work hours or between 9:00am-5:00pm; select Saturdays as arranged in advance, between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 20 hours
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
- Put “OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs – Secretary” in e-mail subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.