PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1210: Principal/Assistant Principal - OFDC Leadership Development Initiatives (Office of the First Deputy Chancellor)
- Posted Date: Jul 1, 2020 Deadline: Jun 30, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Current Assistant Principals, Principals and Retired Principals to support leadership development initiatives (Up to 30 positions).
Main office at 44-36 Vernon Blvd, 2nd Floor Long Island City, NY 11101; Citywide schools
• Must have a school-based title covered by the CSA (only)
• Must be a member of the Principal Candidate Pool
• Retirees who meet the eligibility requirements can apply in the event there are still vacancies after all other eligible applicants are selected
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Demonstrated effective practice as a principal as evidenced by both the most recent School Quality Review and Principal’s Performance Review evaluation
• Working knowledge of the Quality Review Indicators/K-12 Common Core State Standards, Danielson Framework and PSEL
• Familiarity with current teacher effectiveness initiatives/knowledge of current research in education
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Past experience with principal pipeline work within the Office of Leadership/NYCDOE
• Experience in analyzing assessments
Assist the Office of Leadership with the following:
• Participate in focus groups and training related to principal pipeline work
• Evaluate principal candidate assessments
• Facilitate professional development sessions
From July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. Sessions vary weekly and include some Saturdays. Time varies from 3:30pm to 8:00 pm weekly and 8am to 4pm on weekends. Up to 150 hours.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please email all applications (including resume, OP-175 application and cover letter) to:
Norley A. Nortey
44-36 Vernon Blvd, 2nd Floor Long Island City, NY 11101
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail NNortey@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.