PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 123: Guidance Counselor - OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Mar 11, 2020 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs
Approximately 15 positions
New York City Department of Education-Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Rm 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
(Or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
Currently NYCDOE licensed and appointed Guidance Counselors.
• Preference will be given to guidance counselors from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 Schools
• Satisfactory rating
• Satisfactory record of student counseling
• Experience collaborating with community based organizations, higher education, and industry partners on college readiness programs for high school students
• Knowledge of state and city academic policies for high schools, including graduation requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Participate in professional development and inquiry-driven group working sessions to collaborate, develop, troubleshoot and refine project-based learning planning and practices for school implementation.
• Collaborate with college and industry partners on career and college readiness activities for students.
• Create and implement original resources for schools connecting college and career development competencies with subject areas at the high school level.
• Effectively document learning and practices for contribution to resource database.
Monday through Friday outside of contracted work hours; select Saturdays as arranged in advance, between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 35 hours.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 01, 2020 to: NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
Put “OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs” in e-mail subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.