PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1273: Guidance Counselor - ASPDP Stipulation Instructor OTD (Office of Teacher Development)
- Posted Date: Sep 10, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
School Counselors as ASPDP Stipulation Instructors, Office of Teacher Development (Approximately 3 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 OR via Virtual, Synchronous Instruction using Zoom technology
- New York City Department of Education Counselors
- Satisfactory service in school counseling position for four (4) or more years
- Knowledge of Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education (CRSE), effective pedagogical practice as described in the Danielson Framework for Teaching, effective blended learning and remote learning practices, and NYS Learning Standards.
- Knowledge of the Chancellor’s Regulations.
- Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities
- Experience coaching and observing and providing feedback to teachers.
- Experience in providing training to teachers in areas related to student-teacher boundaries, anger management, and professionalism.
- Proficient in the use of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom or other applicable remote learning technologies; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Preference given for candidates who have previously served as Stipulation Instructors and/or who participate in other OTD-sponsored programs
- Conduct legally mandated in-service courses for the After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
- Design and conduct one-on-one professional learning experiences customized to meet the needs of educators.
- Prepare and submit syllabi and completed course work to the Senior Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact.
- E-mail reports to the Senior Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact immediately following each course to confirm completion.
- In addition to topics related to pedagogy, provide guidance and coaching to in-service teachers about topics ranging from teacher-student boundaries and classroom management, to professional duties.
- Attend all ASPDP In-Service orientation and staff meetings.
- An average of approximately 1-4 hours per week. Hours must not exceed 35 hours per week.
- Number of hours will vary, as coursework is conducted on an as-needed basis.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 12/31/20 to: StipulationPS@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail StipulationPS@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.