PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1289: Teacher - Restorative Justice Action Team (Office of Safety and Youth Development)
- Posted Date: Sep 21, 2020 Deadline: Feb 15, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Restorative Justice Action Team Member for Strategic Planning (Up to 200 positions)
Various DOE locations throughout the NYC, including virtual
● Licensed and appointed Teachers
● Sit on the Restorative Justice Action Team of a school in the OSYD Restorative Practices MS or HS Expansion program
● Successful completion of Restorative Practices Tier 1 Training
● Actively working as a Restorative Practitioner in a NYC DOE School that has been approved for implementation strategic planning work by your district’s Director of Restorative Practices.
● Can demonstrate a depth of experience as a school based Restorative Practitioner in the NYC DOE
● Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical best practices and had developed a Restorative/ Transformative Justice best practice tool or artifact.
● Ability to successfully work in collaboration with other pedagogical staff
● Demonstrated prior training/professional development in social emotional learning and/or student leadership programming and/or equity and access work.
● Excellent organizational skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Fluency in Google Drive
● Work collaboratively with your school based Restorative Justice Action Team to develop extensive tools, systems, structures and practices to support school wide implementation of restorative practices.
October 2020 through June 2021
● Successful candidates will be required to work after the school day, on weekends (as needed.) The team will collectively develop a meeting schedule. (Maximum 30 hours.)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
1) Application Form OP175
2) Cover letter (Include vacancy circular number)
4) Copy of NYC Department of Education license
To apply, complete the google form application, attaching all of the required materials above by Feb 15, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
TO APPLY GO TO: http://bit.ly/OSYDPerSessionApplication
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.