PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 129: Paraprofessionals (Algebra for All Program) - CIPL/A4A
- Posted Date: Jul 12, 2018 Deadline: May 30, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
UFT Educational Paraprofessional (up to 1000 available positions)
Various locations Citywide
Applicant must currently be employed as an UFT Educational Paraprofessional in the New York City Department of Education.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Satisfactory experience teaching mathematics content within the K-12 environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Common Core Learning Standards, New York State Math standards
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Current and active participant in the Algebra for All initiative
- Attend Algebra for All professional development sessions
- Serve as turn-key trainer of mathematics programs in school community
- Work on various mathematics curriculum programs and projects
- Integrate mathematics content within the classroom curriculum
- Cooperate with evaluators in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
- Willing to be photographed and/or videotaped for instructional purposes
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to AlgebraforAll@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Teacher: Algebra for All Professional Development“ in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER IN YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, e-mail AlgebraforAll@schools.nyc.gov.
Note: All per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/careers/other-jobs-in-schools/per-session-jobs under "Per Session Opportunities”
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at: https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo