PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1301: Supervisors (ASPDP: Reviewing Courses Supervisors) - Office of Teacher Development (OTD)
- Posted Date: Jul 24, 2018 Deadline: May 30, 2019
New York United States
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Supervisors Assigned to Review In-Service Courses (up to 30 positions)
Varies: Citywide and/or at 65 Court Street to monitor online courses; depending on need.
- Licensed, Appointed and tenured New York City Department of Education supervisor.
- Satisfactory service in a supervisory position for four (4) or more years.
(Preference will be given to the following):
- Experience in writing exemplary classroom observations in a variety of content areas.
- Ability to evaluate online courses.
- Fluency in NYS, NYC, Common Core Standards and the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
- Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to return high-quality type-written observations in a timely manner.
- Accessibility to course locations.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct site visits to observe & evaluate in-service P courses for the After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
- Audit online in-service courses to evaluate the quality of the instructional program.
- Prepare and submit observation reports using the required ASPDP template.
- Complete and submit program documentation including typing evaluative reports.
- Evaluate P course proposals using ASPDP rubric to determine strong course proposals.
- E-mail reports to the Director, immediately following each course observation.
- Evaluate and Streamline additional reviewer feedback on P course proposals as needed
- Provide supervision & technical support to staff related to program preparation, implementation and evaluation.
- Attend all ASPDP In-Service orientation and staff meetings.
October 2018 to June 30, 2019; not to exceed 35 hours per week including training and course review, which should be completed after official work hours and/or over weekends.
As shown above, please note that course review takes place during three cycles. Successful applicants with satisfactory performance may be invited to return as course reviewers for subsequent cycles.
- As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed.
Please e‐mail OP‐175 application, cover letter and resume to OTDPD@schools.nyc.gov, including the circular number in your subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail please contact: OTDPD@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.