PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1303: Supervisor - DSCW Nurse Staffing Supervisor (Division of School Climate and Wellness)
- Posted Date: Oct 8, 2020 Deadline: Nov 8, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Supervisor – Division of School Climate and Wellness
Division of School Climate and Wellness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
New York City licensed and appointed supervisor with satisfactory service for the previous 3 years
- Experience working with schools to implement and improve student support services and address school culture.
- Actively working as an Education Administrator within the Division of School Climate and Wellness.
- Outstanding judgment and strong problem-solving skills with the ability to organize facts and present information and figures in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Experience in long term project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; and familiarity with basic statistical analysis.
- Experience in building and managing large, rapidly evolving data sets.
- Design, build and maintain a high integrity database and monitoring system of nurse assignments citywide.
- Analyze daily updates and provide summary reports of buildings with and without nurses to key stakeholders, i.e., DOE senior leadership and city hall.
- Support senior leadership by providing ad hoc analyses on buildings with nurse assignments.
- Provide high-level nurse gap analysis to the Research and Policy Support Group.
- Liaise with internal and external offices to obtain and verify data on school building openings, populations served, nurses assigned and nurse needs.
- Respond to escalations from schools regarding nurse assignments.
Fall 2020 until June 2021
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
1) Application Form OP-175
2) Cover letter
3) Resume (Include vacancy circular number)
4) Copy of NYC Department of Education license
Send by email to DSCWHR@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DSCWHR@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.