PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1305: Teacher - Teacher Leader Liaison (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Oct 7, 2020 Deadline: Feb 1, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
TITLE SOUGHT: TEACHER
NAME OF POSITION: Teacher Leader Liaison
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Up to 60
Various locations across the city; trainings may be held virtually or at the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality at 65 Court St., Brooklyn, 11201.
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher currently qualified in one of the following NYCDOE teacher leader roles only: Teacher Development Facilitator, Model Teacher, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Master Teacher, and/or Teacher Team Leader.
- Currently qualified as one of the teacher leader roles listed above in the 2020-21 School Year
- Previous experience in teacher recruitment, selection, and support, particularly with Teacher Career Pathways
- Experience leading adults in professional learning series, virtually or in-person
- Desire to inspire outstanding candidates to pursue teacher leader qualifications
- Ability to articulate experiences as a Teacher Career Pathways (TCP) teacher leader in a compelling way
- Effective and engaging communicator; comfortable with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work closely with the Teacher Career Pathways team to reach qualification goals
- Support in the content design and logistics management of the annual teacher leader symposium and other teacher leadership support events and professional learning series
- Plan and design support structures for teacher leaders in the 2020-21SY
- Various additional activities as needed
- Work up to 3 hours per month for the months of September through June after school hours
- These working hours will occur Monday through Friday, depending on availability of the teacher leader and the needs of the hiring manager. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
- Complete this online survey
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form by email prior to the start of training.
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Teacher Leader Liaison Application.”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.