PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1306: Teacher - Early Childhood Instructional Coordinator/Reading Coach (Division of Early Childhood Education)
- Posted Date: Oct 14, 2020 Deadline: Nov 14, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Teacher Assigned A – Central Based (Various Field Offices) Early Childhood Instructional Coordinator/Reading Coach – School Year 2020-2021 (Number of positions: up to two)
Must be employed by the Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) as an Instructional Coordinator or Reading Coach (Teacher Assigned A) during the 2020-2021 school year and be a member of the DCEC Leadership Forum during the 2020-2021 school year
• Currently employed by the DECE
• Ability to commit outside of regular working hours – up to 2 hours per week
• Interest in and commitment to supporting Leadership Forum activities
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
To support Leadership Forum (LF) – a participatory leadership group supporting DECE – members of the LF will continue to support relevant work activities outside of regular working hours
• Redefining divisional priorities in light of COVID-19
• Supporting DECE colleagues with remote work, including efforts to support mental health and positive culture building during a time of trauma, loss, and distance
• Advising on divisional spending and allocations
• Developing recommendations and implementing strategies to support early childhood program leaders whose communities are hardest hit by COVID-19 and who may be struggling to engage with DECE supports during the crisis
• Developing recommendations and implementing strategies to engage families of early childhood students in the communities hardest hit by COVID-19, with a focus on families who are not currently engaging due to trauma, loss, lack of technology access, or other barriers
• Providing additional capacity to priority COVID-response initiatives at the discretion of DECE leadership; this will include efforts that require early childhood pedagogical expertise
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS PER WEEK. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: DECEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DECEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.