PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1320: School Counselors (as Stipulation Instructors) - ASPDP
- Posted Date: Jul 26, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
New York United States
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
ASPDP Stipulation Instructors (Approximately 20 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- NYC Department of Education Counselors
- Satisfactory service in a school counseling position for four (4) or more years.
(Preference will be given to the following):
- Knowledge of NYS, NYC, Common Core Standards and the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
- Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct in-service courses for the After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
- Prepare and submit syllabi and completed course work to the Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact.
- E-mail reports to the Director, Teacher Development Design or designated contact immediately following each course to confirm completion.
- In addition to topics related to pedagogy, provide guidance and coaching to in-service teachers about topics ranging from teacher-student boundaries and classroom management, to professional duties.
- Attend all ASPDP In-Service orientation and staff meetings.
Not to exceed 35 hours per week
- As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed.
Please e‐mail OP‐175 application, cover letter and resume to: OTEPS@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail please contact: OTEPS@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.