PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1339: Principal/Assistant Principal - Teacher Development Hub Principal or AP (Office of Teacher Development)
- Posted Date: Dec 22, 2020 Deadline: Jun 30, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Teacher Development Hub Principal, Assistant Principal (up to 100 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide
• NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed principals and assistant principals, from schools selected to participate as Teacher Development Hubs in the New York City Coalition for Teacher Preparation
• Active participant in the Liberatory Pedagogies PL series
• Knowledge of NYS, NYC, Common Core Standards and the Danielson Framework for Teaching
• Knowledge of NYSED’s Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education Framework
• Knowledge of the Instructional Leadership Framework
• Experience supporting and developing early career teachers
• Activities may include the following: attending professional learning, coaching early career teachers, filming of teacher practice, designing and executing culturally responsive lessons to build teacher development at schools, participating in focus group feedback sessions and/or designing resources to support teachers’ calibration with the Danielson Framework for Teaching and the Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education Framework, additional responsibilities as needed.
January 2021 – June 2021 (Approximately 20 hours depending upon funding availability)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please e‐mail OP‐175 application, cover letter and resume to Melissa Oliver (email@example.com)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.