PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1342: Teacher - OTD Professional Learning for Teachers (Office of Teacher Development)
- Posted Date: Dec 22, 2020 Deadline: Jun 30, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Office of Teacher Development Professional Learning, Teacher and Teacher Assigned (Approximately 10 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 OR remote via virtual instruction technology (e.g., Zoom)
- NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers and teachers-assigned
- Knowledge of Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education (CRSE), effective pedagogical practice as described in the Danielson Framework for Teaching, effective blended learning and remote learning practices, and NYS Learning Standards.
- Knowledge of the Chancellor’s Regulations.
- Experience facilitating in-person, remote (synchronous and asynchronous), and blended professional learning experiences for teachers, coaches, and/or school leaders.
- Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities
- Proficient in the use of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom or other applicable remote learning technologies; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Support implementation of Office of Teacher Development priorities by facilitating professional development (in-person, virtually, or in a blended learning context) on topics related to teacher development to teachers, administrators, school support staff, and central DOE employees
- Attend all preparation sessions for all facilitation opportunities, as assigned.
- An average of approximately 1 hour per week. Hours must not exceed 35 hours per week.
- Number of hours will vary, as facilitation will occur on an as-needed basis.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 1/29/21 to: OTDHiring@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OTDHiring@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.