PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 169: Guidance Counselors - OPSR/College Bridge for All
- Posted Date: Jul 12, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Participation as supervisor for College Bridge for All
Locations throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Guidance Counselors, School Participating in College Bridge for All for 2016-2017 academic year
· Guidance Counselors in College Bridge for All 2018 participant schools
· Guidance Counselors who provide College Counseling support to seniors
· Must be available for on-site work through the summer 2018
· Minimum of 3 years of satisfactory experience as a NYCDOE Guidance Counselor
January through June (approximately 100 hours total)
· Assist with College Coach screening and interview process (Jan-Feb)
· Act as Table Facilitator at College Coach Training during dates listed above. Table Facilitators must attend Preparation Trainings as noted above.
· Conduct End of School Year Meetings (in person or virtually) with coaches and counselors between May and June to review senior caseload, goals & challenges to date, and summer site-based plan.
· Attend Counselor Workshop as noted above and as is necessary for all counselors at schools participating in CB4A program.
July through August (approximately 25 hours weekly)
· Host Coach Hub Meetings (two days weekly throughout summer)
○ Run group meetings providing best practices and consultancies on ongoing topics
○ Support College Coaches to take lead in running group meetings
· Provide supervision and support to college coaches (approx. 16) throughout summer
○ Support coaches in providing matriculation assistance in particularly difficult scenarios
○ Provide coaching to College Coaches to ensure they are meeting job requirements
○ Provide on-site and virtual support, including occasional visits to High School campus
· Attend weekly meetings with other Hub Supervisors and central management staff and maintains contact with central staff throughout summer (see application for details)
· Other duties as assigned
Per session rate as per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
2017 - 18, date and time agreed upon with Hub Counselor
Mandatory Attendance Dates:
· Hub Supervisor Training: January 15th and June 7th, 2018 (9:30am-4:30pm)
· Table Facilitator Training (1): March 24 (10am-4pm), March 27 + 29, 2018 (3-6pm)
· Coach Training (1): April 2-6, 2018 Spring Break (9:30am-4:30pm)
· Table Facilitator Training (2): May 24 + 25, 2018 (4:30-7pm)
· Coach Training (2): May 30 OR June 1, 2018 (9:30am-4:30pm)
· Attendance at one Counselor Workshop: May 17 (1-4pm), May 25 AM (9am-12pm) or May 25, 2018 (1-4pm) as is required for all counselors at schools participating in CB4A program.
Send Form OP-175 (attached to this posting), Department of Education License, and Resume via email to: BridgeforAll@schools.nyc.gov. This will only be accepted via email.
· Must put “College Bridge For All – Per Session -- Hub Counselor Application” in the subject line
· Include the above per session vacancy circular number in the OP-175
· No faxes or mail will be accepted
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail, please contact: BridgeforAll@schools.nyc.gov
Note: All per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/careers/other-jobs-in-schools/per-session-jobs under "Per Session Opportunities”
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at: https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo