PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 222: Paraprofessionals (Family English Initiative Family Literacy and ENL Classes) - FACE/FEI
- Posted Date: Jul 13, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Paraprofessional to support the Family English Initiative family literacy and ENL classes. (1-4 positions)
The Family English Initiative, a pilot program for K-2 ELLS and their caregivers, strengthens language skills and supports learning at home.
Onsite at various NYCDOE Sites
New York City Department of Education School Paraprofessional
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Interest in working with children and adult learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff
- Preference given to applicants who have participated in the Family English Initiative
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must attend mandatory professional development and training sessions
- Support instruction, classroom activities and field trips
- Work one-on-one with students as required and collaboratively with lead teachers
- Build relationships with families
- Participate in collaborative planning sessions; provide ongoing feedback to support program development
- Communicate with program director/site coordinator regarding site and student concerns
- Enthusiasm for program goals and working with families
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate
- Saturdays: September-June (Approximately 20 sessions and 2-4 full training days)
- Staff training dates TBD ( September & January)
- Program locations contingent on funding and enrollment.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.