PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 223: Supervisors or Teachers (Family English Initiative Family Literacy and ENL Classes) - FACE/FEI
- Posted Date: Jul 13, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Coordinators will manage administrative responsibilities and support program implementation
The Family English Initiative, a pilot program for K-2 ELLS and their caregivers, strengthens language skills and supports learning at home.
Site Coordinator: Family English Initiative Program (multiple positions)
Onsite at various NYCDOE Family English Initiative sites
Must be a New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed supervisor or teacher with experience overseeing after-school or Saturday programs.
- Satisfactory experience supervising staff in an ELL, literacy or other enrichment/after school program
- Experience planning, managing and monitoring programs and projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practice with successful family literacy programs
- Excellent organizational written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of NYC DOE policies and regulations
- Experience working with English Language Learners
- Applicants with prior experience working with the Family English Initiative and SBL certification preferred
- Oversee day-to-day program operations
- Collaborate in planning and management of program activities, including pre and post program activities.
- Provide administrative support for Family English program sites including:
- Maintaining site records and materials: attendance, invoices, inventory, etc.
- Working collaboratively with school and program staff
- Managing food delivery and distribution
- Providing weekly reports to the program office
- Collecting timesheets
- Respond to parent and student concerns.
- Lead or co-lead staff meetings and field trips
- Support program implementation and staff development
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual per session rate.
- Saturdays: September-June (Approximately 20 sessions and 2-4 full training days)
- Staff training dates TBD ( September & January)
- Program locations contingent on funding and enrollment.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.