PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 224: Teachers (as Children's Activities Specialists) - FACE/FEI
- Posted Date: Jul 13, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Teachers as Children’s Activity Specialists (4 positions)
The Family English Initiative, a pilot program for K-2 ELLS and their caregivers, strengthens language skills and supports learning at home.
New York City Department of Education School licensed and appointed teachers
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Experience teaching in a NYCDOE elementary school
- Experience planning and implementing age-appropriate activities in an after-school or camp setting
- Enthusiasm for program goals and working with students across age groups
- Bilingual and/or experience working with ELLs preferred
- Preference given to applicants with prior experience working with the Family English Initiative
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must attend mandatory professional development and training sessions
- Work with the children of parents enrolled in the Family English Initiative (Ages may range from PK-6th grade)
- Oversee check-in, set up and distribution of meals and activities; organize age-appropriate games, arts and crafts and other activities;homework help
- Maintain a secure and safe environment; participate in field trips, escort children to the restrooms and other duties as needed
- Collaborate with program staff
- Communicate with program director/site coordinator regarding site and student concerns
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate
- Saturdays: September-June (Approximately 20 sessions and 2-4 full training days)
- Staff training dates TBD ( September & January)
- Program locations contingent on funding and enrollment.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.