PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 311: Principal, AP, Teacher Leader - Lead Collaborator for DCC Leadership for Racial Equity Academy Program (Division of School Design and Charter Partnership)
- Posted Date: Feb 5, 2020 Deadline: Mar 5, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Lead Collaborator for DCC Leadership for Racial Equity Academy Program (1 position)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education School leaders including principals, APs, and teacher leaders.
● Must be in a school leadership role
● Strong commitment to Equity and Excellence for All
● Experience planning and facilitating professional development workshops
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams and schools
● Commitment to the agreed upon schedule
● Collaborate with DCC team to lead and promote collaborative inquiry on racial equity across district and charter schools
● Attend and co-facilitate monthly sessions designed to build participating schools’ capacity to address systemic challenges to providing and sustaining equitable outcomes for all students
● Utilize research-based frameworks and facilitate learning activities to help the assigned schools draft and implement plans to reduce or eliminate inequities related to race
● Host one school visit to model moves and actions that advance equity for participating schools
● Liaise with DCC team to receive support and logistical guidance
November 5, 2019 – June 30, 2020, approximately 20 hours in total. Exact Schedule TBD
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit OP‐175 form, resume and cover letter via email to: DCC@schools.nyc.gov. Must put "Lead Collaborator for DCC Racial Equity Academy - Per Session SY 2019-2020 Application" in the subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DCC@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.