PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 312: Principal, AP, Teacher Leader - Participant for DCC Leadership for Racial Equity Academy Program (Division of School Design and Charter Partnership)
- Posted Date: Feb 5, 2020 Deadline: Mar 5, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Participant for DCC Leadership for Racial Equity Academy Program (3 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education School leaders including principals, APs, and teacher leaders
● Must be in a school leadership role
● Strong commitment to Equity and Excellence for All
● Willingness to examine your own leadership practices
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams and schools
● Commitment to the agreed upon schedule
● Attend bi-monthly sessions to address systemic challenges to providing and sustaining equitable outcomes for all students
● Engage in a series of learning activities to draft and implement plans to reduce or eliminate inequities related to race in your own school
● Explore and connect evidence based practice to leadership theories and philosophies that support your school’s vision for racial equity
● Participate in collaborative inquiry across district and charter schools
● Be active on email and collaborate with schools to ensure that program expectations are being met
November 5, 2019 – June 30, 2020, approximately 9 hours in total. Exact Schedule TBD
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit OP‐175 form, resume and cover letter via email to: DCC@schools.nyc.gov. Must put "Participant for DCC Racial Equity Academy - Per Session SY 2019-2020 Application" in the subject line
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DCC@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.