PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 313: Medical License - School Medical Inspector (MLR)
- Posted Date: Feb 6, 2020 Deadline: Mar 6, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Medical Inspector
Medical, Leaves & Records Administration
65 Court Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
Valid New York State Medical License, New York State Board Certification preferred
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopedic Medicine
- Orthopedic Hand Specialist
1. Graduation from an approved medical school or medical college; and
2. Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State with present registration under that license; and
3. Three years of approved experience in the practice of medicine, two of which shall have been appropriate to the service to be rendered under the license and one of which shall have been an internship in a hospital approved by the American Medical Association.
Physicians must prepare a written report on each examination and /or summary of findings after review of submitted medical documentation. Determinations are rendered for:
• Physical and/or mental fitness to work upon medical examinations or evaluation of submitted medical documentation
• Mandated Medical Evaluations
• Line of duty status and duration of absence
• Paid or unpaid leave requests for medical reasons
• Disability retirement for employees in the Board of Education Retirement System (BERS)
• Accommodation requests under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Medical Hardship Transfers
• Ability to perform duties following extended absence
• Claims for reimbursement of out of pocket medical expenses due to line of duty injury
• Related duties as assigned
Monday through Friday-Various Work Hours to be determined by MLR Director
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send coversheet, appropriate license(s) and resume no later than 3/6/20 to: MLR@schools.nyc.gov, Subject: School Medical Inspector
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail MLR@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.