PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 341: Teacher - Onsite Phone Interviewers for New York City Teaching Collaborative program (NYCTC) (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Feb 10, 2020 Deadline: Jun 10, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers: Onsite Phone Interviewers for New York City Teaching Collaborative program (NYCTC)
The Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court Street, Brooklyn) or 1 Fordham Plaza (Bronx, New York)
• New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher in good standing
• Graduate of NYC Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC) Cohorts 1-7 or previous experience with either the NYCTC or the Fall cohort of NYCTF as a Lead Instructor, Lead Coach or Collaborative Coach
• Minimum of 2 years full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Childhood Education with a Bilingual Extension, Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, and/or Social Studies.
• Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current position and other per-session activities.
• Passion and excitement for facilitating conversations with prospective candidates during the phone interview stage of the application process.
• Evidence of highly effective oral communication skills, and clear communication through telephone
• Evidence of strong written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate in writing evaluations of candidates’ proficiency.
• Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in under strict time constraints to complete discrete tasks
• Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
• Evidence of ability to receive and reflect on feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
• Comfort working with computers and the Internet, must be able to type quickly and document candidate responses
• Demonstrated proficiency in per-session activities.
Phone Interview Facilitation:
• Review application materials for candidates prior to phone interview.
• Internalize a script and facilitate an interview in an audible and engaging tone.
• Record candidate responses and determine appropriate follow up questions to ask candidates based on the script.
• Operate under strict time constraints to complete each candidate conversation and write up a candidate evaluation within 40 minutes, for five (5) candidates consecutively.
• Type at the speed of a candidate speaking to record close to verbatim notes.
• Comfortably use multiple computer screen windows to take notes and record candidate scores simultaneously; troubleshoot minor computer related issues independently (turning on computer, logging in, etc.)
• Attentively multi-task; take notes on candidate answers, while also facilitating the phone conversation
• Use a rubric to evaluate candidate evidence and to select appropriate evidence for each interview competency
• Evaluate applicants exclusively using the criteria set by the program selection model, using phone interview script and rubric.
• Maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each candidate during and after phone interview.
• Compose a summary that contains direct evidence and synthesis for each candidate
• Complete Onsite Phone Interviewer training successfully in late June 2020 or early July 2020 (returning phone interviewer applicants) or July 2020 (new phone interviewer applicants).
• Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding phone interview scheduling, interview documentation, and other related administrative requirements.
• Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
• Arrive at interview events in a timely and consistent manner.
• Convey a positive image of the New York City Teaching Collaborative program.
• Onsite Interviewers who participate in twenty (20) or more interview events during the school year will receive a rating.
• TN Rate (Staff Development Rate)
o Returning Phone Interviewers (Late June 2020/Early July 2020): 3.5 - 5 hours of training for returning phone interviewers to be paid at the Staff Development Rate
o New Phone Interviewers (Early July 2020): 7 hours of training over the course of 2 days for new phone interviewers to be paid at the Staff Development Rate
• TR Rate:
o July 2020 – November 2020: 4 hours per phone interview event with 2-4 interview events per month
• Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
• Complete online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CMZ72PC
• Application deadlines:
o Previous NYCTC Phone Interviewer Applicants: Accepted until May 31, 2020
o New NYCTC Phone Interviewer Applicants: Accepted until June 10, 2020
• All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session
• Questions about this advertisement can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Collaborative Phone Interviewer”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATIONIf you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.