PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 342: Teacher - Summer Field Effectiveness Manager (FEM) for NYCTF (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Feb 10, 2020 Deadline: Jun 10, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Summer Field Effectiveness Manager (FEM) for NYCTF (up to 35 positions available)
● NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher with a minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience
● For D75 sites: Experience and expertise working with students with moderate to severe disabilities
● Desire to work with and develop aspiring teachers; strong interest in new teacher development
● Ability to gather low-inference observation evidence
● Ability to align low-inference evidence with the performance levels of Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
● Ability to provide actionable feedback to colleagues and pre-service teachers
● Ability to translate observation evidence into actionable next steps that improve Fellows’ teaching practice
● Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
● Strong organizational skills and record-keeping skills
● Exceptional skills in time management, including the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced setting
● Ability to successfully work in a self-directed role
● Ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues, administrators, and Fellows
● Consistent and reliable access to email, phone, and the internet
Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate:
● 1+ years of experience in a teacher leadership role including, but not limited to, Mentor Teacher, Lead Teacher, Cooperating Teacher, NYCTF Summer Staff, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Model Teacher, Master Teacher, NYCTC Collaborative Coach, NYCTA Collaborative Coach, Lead Coach
● 1+ years of experience conducting teacher observations and evaluations, as well as low-inference note-taking using Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
● Experience with Teach Like a Champion techniques
● Satisfactory performance in the Field Effectiveness Manager role in a previous season.
● Conduct lesson observations of assigned Fellows during four (4) observation rounds
● Gather low-inference evidence during observation and align evidence to the performance levels of Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
● Conduct debrief conversations that provide Fellows the highest-leverage feedback and ensure that Fellows’ understand next steps to improve their development areas
● Submit observation reports for each Fellow through an electronic database in accordance with program deadlines
● Consult with school-based Summer Collaborative Coaches, the Teaching Academy Director, and Lead Instructor about Fellow performance and development; provide targeted, actionable suggestions to NYCTF staff to help Fellows master the components of effective instruction
● Monitor and track trends in Fellows’ progress and professionalism; communicate with other NYCTF staff about progress for each Fellow
● Identify Fellows in need of Performance Improvement Plans; assist in the creation of individualized plan to help identified Fellows master foundational teaching skills
● Establish and reinforce a culture of achievement that supports Fellows to ensure that all students can achieve at high levels
● Participate in all required introductory and ongoing trainings, team meetings, and one-on-one check-ins
● Some travel to local schools, using personal or public transportation, may be required
● Participation in Training outside of school hours (approximately 15 hours after school or on Saturdays) at the Staff Development rate (TN) as per the UFT contract.
● Support evening Skill-Building Sessions for the first two weeks of Pre-Service Training (last two weeks of June; approximately 2 hours/evening, sometime between 4:00pm and 7:00pm) (approximately 10-20 hours) at the Teacher Rate (TR) as per the UFT contract.
Summer (July - August)
● 5.5 hours/day, 4 days/week for 5 weeks (exact start and end times vary by summer school site) (approximately 100 hours) at the Teacher Rate (TR) as per the UFT contract.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
To apply, complete a “New FEM” or “Returning FEM” application form located here by April 03, 2020: https://sites.google.com/nyctcp.org/2020nyctfstaff/staff-hiring
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.