PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 344: Teacher - NYC Specialized Teacher Enhancement Pathway (STEP) Program Selector (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Feb 10, 2020 Deadline: Jun 10, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher: NYC Specialized Teacher Enhancement Pathway (STEP) Program Selector (Up to 5 positions available)
Schools participating in the NYC Specialized Teacher Enhancement Pathway Program
• NYCDOE licensed, appointed, and tenured teacher;
• Possesses a bilingual extension or a Students with Disabilities Grades 7-12 Generalist certification; and
• Received rating of Satisfactory, Effective, or Highly Effective in SY18-19.
• Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current Department of Education position and other per session activities.
• Interest and ability to utilize a prescribed selection model to evaluate and select applicants to support the NYC STEP program.
• Familiarity with using the Danielson Framework for Teaching to evaluate instructional practice is preferred.
• Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to evaluate others’ proficiency.
• Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
• Evidence of working successfully in teams or cooperative settings.
• Evidence of ability to assess teacher practice via evidence from a lesson plan and student work samples and/or video submission.
• Evidence of ability to reflect on feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
• Consistent and reliable access to email, phone, and the Internet.
HIRING OFFER IS CONTINGENT ON DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY IN THE SELECTION MODEL AND INTERVIEW PROCESS AT THE CONCLUSION OF TRAINING, AS DETERMINED BY NYC STEP STAFF. THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF ROLES FOR THIS POSTING.
• Successfully complete Selector Training, plus any necessary pre- and post-work.
• Review application materials for applicants and maintain complete, accurate, and timely documentation on each candidate using the selection model to document decisions thoroughly.
• Evaluate candidate submissions using the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
• Conduct phone interviews of potential program participants and facilitators, using the phone interview protocol and rubric.
• Attend supplemental trainings as necessary.
• Respect candidate confidentiality.
• Conduct themselves professionally and represent the program positively at all times.
• Related duties, as necessary.
SELECTORS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON HIS/HER PROFICIENCY IN THE ABOVE CRITERIA, AS DETERMINED BY THE NYC STEP TEAM.
• Staff Development (TN) Hours up to, but not limited to:
o Approximately 4-5 hours of training prior to taking on role. Multiple options for training will be offered between March 16-20. Candidates will be compensated for all training that takes place prior to hire.
o Approximately 1 hour per month of ongoing training (each month, from March through June).
• Per Session (TR) Hours up to, but not limited to:
o Up to 35 hours per month through the duration of the selection period (March through June), contingent on the availability of program participant and facilitator applications.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
• To apply for this role, please complete our online application: NYC STEP Selector Application: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5431862/NYC-STEP-Selector-Application
o You will need to upload a resume, cover letter, and scanned and signed copy of the OP-175 form.
o In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
Why do your experiences and skills make you a strong candidate to assist in the selection process for identifying NYC STEP Participants and Facilitators for the program?
What strategies have you used to ensure that you are normed while using a rubric to evaluate student work?
• Please include the above circular number on your application.
• Final offers are contingent upon participant and facilitator applications and/or demonstrated proficiency in Selector skills by the conclusion of the Selector Training Sessions, or as determined by program staff.
• If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATIONIf you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.