PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 351: Teacher - Onsite Selection Coach for New York City Teaching Collaborative NYCTC Program (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Mar 4, 2020 Deadline: Apr 4, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers: Onsite Selection Coaches for New York City Teaching Collaborative program (NYCTC)
5 positions available
Various locations in Brooklyn, including Cobble Hill School of American Studies (347 Baltic Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201), the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201), and 131 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
• New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher in good standing.
• Graduate of NYC Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC) Cohorts 1-6 or previous experience with either the NYCTC or the Fall cohort of NYCTF as a Lead Instructor, Lead Coach or Collaborative Coach OR experience as Selection Day Coaches for the New York City Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC)
• Minimum of 2 years full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, and/or Social Studies.
• Demonstrated satisfactory service in current Department of Education position and other per session activities.
• Commitment to the NYCTC mission, and to finding and selecting a diverse and high-quality pool of candidates for NYCTC who will be able to further that mission.
• Ability to provide detailed feedback.
• Ability to facilitate training and meetings.
• Ability to accurately answer any questions about the NYCTC program with incoming candidates.
• Strong familiarity and comfort with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion, and ability to support the facilitation of small group sessions on specific techniques to novices unfamiliar with said techniques.
• Ability to utilize a detailed selection model and rubrics to evaluate and select applicants to the NYCTC program.
• Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to problem solve, reflect on data, and make difficult decisions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly on evaluations of candidates’ and Onsite Selectors’ proficiency.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills.
• Complete Selection Day Coach training successfully.
• Facilitate Onsite Selector trainings in July 2020
• Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach like a Champion teaching techniques.
• Coach and observe Onsite Selectors at 2-4 interview events per month from July 2020 until November 2020.
• Attend and help facilitate additional Selection Day Coach meetings and trainings during the year, as necessary.
• Accurately evaluate Onsite Selectors, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to Onsite Selectors during and after the interview event.
• Reflect on selection data throughout season and share data with Onsite Selectors.
• Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
• Respond in a timely and professional manner to staff inquiries regarding scheduling, feedback, and other related administrative requirements.
• Interact with DOE Central staff, Selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectful manner.
• Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently.
• Attend all scheduled events each month.
• Arrive at interview events on or before the required time.
• Convey a positive and professional image of the New York City Teaching Collaborative program.
• Staff Development Rate
o June 2020: 4 hours of Coach training
• Per Session Rate
o July 2020– November 2020: 4 hours per onsite selector events with 2-5 interview events per month
• Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. Hours up to, but not limited to 8 hours (2 events) per month, additional hours granted upon approval of the hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Complete application by April 10th, 2020
• Complete online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5KPKT5Z
• All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session
• Questions about this advertisement can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Collaborative Onsite Selector”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.