PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 352: Social Worker - Home-Based Program Evaluators (DECE)
- Posted Date: Mar 4, 2020 Deadline: Apr 4, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Division of Early Childhood Social Workers
Home-Based Program Evaluators
~15 positions available
Various family child care locations across NYC
Licensed and appointed Social Workers employed by the Division of Early Childhood Education during the 2019-2020 school year.
• Preference given to those with demonstrated knowledge and experience with home-based early care and education settings, including curriculum and assessment models
• Preference given to those with the ability to speak a language other than English
• Ability and willingness to travel to any borough, with a preference for the Bronx
• Ability to attend the training session and practice visit session during first day of spring recess
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a keen attention to detail
• Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Fluency in the use of various DOE technology systems with strong technology skills
Depending on the needs of the position, duties may include but are not limited to:
• Conducting family child care program site visits using a standard rubric
o Each site visit to last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
o Site visits will be scheduled and coordinated by central DECE team, with approximately 3-4 visits to be completed per day
• Using the rubric, observe family child care providers during their daily routine and interactions with children and families
• Using the rubric, score the family child care program in three major areas: Curriculum Planning & Implementation, Interactions and Learning, and Indoor & Outdoor Environment
• Utilizing an addendum to the rubric, complete a health & supervision assessment of the family child care program
• Score each component of the rubric and submit scores through an online database system
• Communicate with support team as needed to address any question or concern
• Perform other related tasks
Spring recess – Thursday, April 9th through Friday, April 17th, 2020.
Up to 6.5 hours per day, specific hours to be determined.
Schedule subject to change as needed.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by April 4, 2020 to: FCCSupportTeam@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail FCCSupportTeam@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.