PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 358: Teacher - CHAMPS Spring Season Program Developer and Event Coordinator (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Mar 11, 2020 Deadline: Apr 10, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
CHAMPS Spring Season Program Developer and Event Coordinator (approximately 20 positions)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City and Central Office of School Wellness Program locations
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current NFHS: Concussion In Sports certification from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating developmentally appropriate fitness and sports activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of CHAMPS programs, including Baseball, Developmental Basketball, Flag Rugby, Softball, and Track & Field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Assist CHAMPS program development including focus groups and guidance documents
- Organize and coordinate various facets of the Spring season CHAMPS events, including leagues, showcases and jamborees
- Collaborate with community-based fitness and sports organizations on planning events and student registration
- Perform site visits as needed
- Plan and present coach orientations, workshops and clinics
- Ensure clear communication amongst participating CHAMPS programs
- Assist in event planning logistics, including arranging student transportation and ordering supplies and equipment
- Provide management and support for timesheets and payroll
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- March 16, 2020 – June 21, 2020 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 400 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applicants must submit the following documents by April 10, 2020 to:
Attn: Spring Season Program Developer and Event Coordinator – Vacancy # 358
30-48 Linden Place – Room 310
Flushing, NY 11354
Email to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
(Subject: Spring Season Program Developer and Event Coordinator – Vacancy # 358)
• Form OP175 for 2019-2020 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
• Resume and cover letter
• Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
• Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
• Copy of current CIS certification from the NFHS.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.