PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 361: Teacher - Classroom Teacher for Living Environment (ACCESS Citywide Schools and Programs)
- Posted Date: Mar 13, 2020 Deadline: May 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Classroom Teacher/Living Environment
Automotive High School YABC
NYCDOE license as a teacher and New York State Teacher Certification
• Scholarship in the content area.
• Knowledge of appropriate instructional strategies that will meet the diverse academic skills of the target population.
• Ability to incorporate reading, writing, and discussion strategies into content area instruction.
• Excellent classroom management skills, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience providing instruction to students
• Satisfactory/ Effective or Highly Effective full- time job performance for the past three years.
• Satisfactory time and attendance for the past three years.
- Plan and provide high quality instructional services, including differentiated learning and alternative education strategies
- Utilize performance and standards based assessments
- Establish a classroom climate that supports learning and high achievement
- Contribute to the development of the YABC instructional team
- Implement and assume responsibility for all classroom instruction as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain student attendance and progress reports and use ongoing assessment to plan instruction.
9 Hours Per Week – Mondays-Wednesdays 4:30 PM – 9 PM
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Application Form OP 175 (Available in schools and DHR Website), copy of license, and resume must be received to Michael Pollicino via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATIONIf you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.