PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 430: Teachers (STEM Content Areas) - CIPL/STEM
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Common Branch teachers, Grade 6-12 teachers in the content areas of STEM (up to 400 available positions)
Various locations Citywide
- Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher of Common Branches or grades 6-12 teacher in STEM subjects
- Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
- Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Satisfactory experience teaching STEM content within the K-12 environment
- Satisfactory experience teaching, integrating and using instructional technology in technology-rich environments for STEM instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Common Core Learning Standards, New York State Science, Math and ISTE technology standards
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Attend STEM professional development sessions
- Cooperate with evaluators in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
- Willing to be photographed and/or videotaped for instructional purposes
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate for staff development
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to STEM@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Teacher: STEM Staff Development” in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail STEM@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DIt is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.