PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 432: Supervisors - CIPL/A4A
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Supervisors: Algebra for All Programs (up to 500 available positions)
Various locations Citywide
- NYCDOE licensed and appointed Supervisors
- Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Satisfactory experience supervising the teaching, integration and use of instructional technology for STEM instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Common Core Learning Standards, New York State Math standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practice with successful, research-based models of adult learning and coaching
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Current school is active member of the Algebra for All initiative
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend Algebra for All professional development sessions
- Serve as administrative support for the development of mathematics programs within the school
- Work on various mathematics curriculum programs and projects
- Cooperate with evaluators in responding to surveys, participating in focus groups, and conferring with visitors
- Willing to be photographed and/ or videotaped for instructional purposes
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate
Various dates and times including after school, evenings and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
Send cover letter and Form OP-175 (Available in the schools and on DHR Website), resume, and a copy of appropriate license via E-mail to AlgebraforAll@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “Supervisor: Algebra for All Professional Development” in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail AlgebraforAll@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.