PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 433: Teachers (as Social Studies, Grades 6-8, Civics Curriculum Writers) - CIPL
- Posted Date: Aug 7, 2018 Deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Social Studies Grade 6-8 Civics Curriculum Writer (Approximately 10 positions)
LaGuardia HS, 100 Amsterdam Ave. Manhattan, NY 10023
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education middle school social studies teachers.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Minimum of 3 years classroom teaching experience (within the last three years) in grade(s) 6-8 social studies
- Demonstrated knowledge of NYC Passport to Social Studies Curriculum in grade(s) 6-8
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality social studies lessons and activities consistent with the Passport to Social Studies curriculum, NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence, and NYS Social Studies Framework
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
- Minimum of 3 years satisfactory ratings
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft lesson plans and activities related to Civics and Civics Participation to align with the NYC Passport to Social Studies curriculum, NYC Social Studies Scope & Sequence, and the NYS Social Studies Framework.
- Participate in all training and curriculum writing sessions.
- Work collaboratively with other writers and program staff.
- Develop and submit required group and/or individual assignment(s).
As per UFT Collective Bargaining agreement (per session)
Summer 2018: Mondays – Thursdays, beginning July 16 – August 16, 2018, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
School Year 2018-19: One day a week after-school and two Saturdays a month (Exact dates and times TBD)
Submit letter of application, resume, letter of recommendation from supervisor, copy of NYC Department of Education license, and OP‐175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website), by September 30, 2018 via email to: SocialStudies@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Civics Gr. 6-8 Curriculum Writer” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail SocialStudies@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.