PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 455: School Guidance Counselors - CTE/OPSR
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
New York State Licensed and NYCDOE Appointed NYCDOE Guidance Counselor
- Minimum 1 year of satisfactory experience in college and career counseling
- Knowledge of high school graduation requirements
- Knowledge of state and city academic policy pertaining to high schools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Under the supervision of licensed pedagogical personnel:
- Coordinate CTE promoting activities at your school
- Attend professional development sessions on various CTE -focused topics
- Chaperone students to various meetings after school and/or weekends
- Submit data as requested by the central office
- Complete related duties as needed
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
July 2018 – June 30, 2019 (Approximately 50 hours)
Application form OP 175 (available in schools), copy of NYC Department of Education license and resume must be received by May 31, 2019. Application will only be accepted via email to: email@example.com. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in the OP-175. No faxes or mail will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DIt is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.