PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 462: Principals (Grades 9-14 School Programs) - OPSR/NYC P-TECH
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Principal for Office of Postsecondary Readiness (OPSR) Grades 9-14 School Programs
Various school locations to be determined
- Must have a school-based title covered by the CSA (only)
- Must be a member of the Principal Candidate Pool
- Principals who wish to apply must receive permission from their Superintendent.
- Preference will be given to principals from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 schools.
- Experience with project-based learning (PBL) practices.
- Knowledge of state and city academic policies for high schools, including graduation requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in professional development and inquiry-driven group working sessions to jointly develop, troubleshoot and refine project-based learning planning and practices for school implementation.
- Create structural and instructional shifts needed in schools to better integrate PBL and competency-focused learning, including professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with industry and college partners on implementing activities focusing on college and career competencies for both students and school staff.
- Complete project deliverable based on agreement with OPSR staff and external partners that enhances school’s instructional practices and learning experiences for students.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Summer 2019. Sessions will vary according to assignment.
Approximately 100 hours per position depending on funding availability.
Contact Your Superintendent for approval.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.