PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 464: School Social Worker (Grades 9-14 School Program) - OPSR/NYC P-TECH
- Posted Date: Jul 23, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs – Social Worker
Office of Postsecondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Also various OPSR schools throughout New York City
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed School Social Worker. Applicants presently a High School level preferred.
- Preference given to social workers from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 Schools
- Knowledge of DOE policies and procedures
- Knowledge of high school graduation requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional assistance to students, parents, and community representatives
Under the supervision of licensed pedagogical:
- Participate in Grades 9-14 model staff development training
- Plan and facilitate support meetings with Grades 9-14 teachers
- Collaborate with college faculty providing advising and technical assistance
- Co-plan/organize school-based events to support Grades 9-14 programming
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Summer 2018. Sessions will vary according to assignment and funding availability.
E-mail NYCDOE license and resume along with completed Application form OP-175 to: NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov. Put “OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs” in e-mail subject line. No faxes or mail accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.